Application of cybernetics to legislation and government
Как узнали о сообществе / From where did you know about the network?
Jacques Boulet of Borderlands Inc. in Melbourne
Зачем решили присоединиться / Reason to join?
I want to write a new book or second edition to my first book
О себе / About me:
I have been involved in the law since 1966. In 1992, whilst at the Bar, I wrote a book called “Scientific Legislation – The Use of Cybernetics and Software Engineering Knowledge to Explain What Legislation Is, How it Behaves and How It Should be Designed, Maintained and Replaced”.
The book deals with a range of issues including:
• The development of cybernetics and informatics
• The fundamental laws of control systems
• Legislation as a control system
• Isomorphism – legislation reflecting complexity of outside world
• The law of requisite variety
• Modelling – ambiguity, vagueness and complexity
• The internal qualities of legislation and how to balance those qualities
• The behaviour of legislation over time
• How to design maintainable legislation
• The three types of modification (amendment)
• Rules for modifying legislation
• The test for obsolescence of legislation
I am now semi-retired and want to either write an expanded second edition to the book or write a sequel.
What I want is some way of getting access to a university to do my own research and write the material. Get access to a library and perhaps some feedback. A supportive, collegiate environment. I have only a general idea the final form the new work will take. It was hard enough to write the first book but I have had twenty years to think about it and to observe the changes that have occurred since. I want to read more of the early materials on cybernetics and expand my knowledge of some laws of cybernetics that I did not cover when writing the book. Then I want to:
• expand the area on interacting control systems, interfacing legislation with other control systems and isomorphism,
• expand the material on the law of requisite variety and revise some calculations;
• include a chapter on feedback and another on homeostasis;
• examine how flexibility might be achieved without vagueness and uncertainty;
• detail how a cybernetic control system of government could be implemented and the critical role legislation would play in that.
I would be very grateful if you could be of assistance or give me advice as to who, or what university or organisation, may be interested in my work. I am also interested in attending and lecturing at cybernetics conferences.
Dear Im, I am impressed by your deep intersest in Legal aspects of Cybernetics.Pl. send me a few of yr. papers/notes on the subject. I too am interested in the topic and could give you some feedback. Write to me directly email@example.com
Thank you for elaborating upon your work in an unexplored territory of Cybernetics. As you are aware my interest is in developing a design model of a nation where its governance requires that one has cyber regulator to regulate the various socio economic activities based upon certain norms,such as ,monitory or Tax laws,Import/export, investment and saving Rules. Any government proposal rectified by the parliament becomes a law-though not in the legal sense. I think if I could lay hands on your work then perhaps I would be in a better position to perceive how your expertise could be utilized here However, let us approach Javier Livas to obtain his expert views on it as he is well versed both in Law and Cybernetics..
I would be only too happy that we approach Javier Livas; I regret not having contacted Stafford Beer in the 1980s. The system you describe sounds like a Cybersyn system. I suppose my interest is in developing legislation, a legislative system or framework if you like, into which the output of a Cybersyn system can feed without the system getting tangled up and falling over. If you want a copy of my book and give me a postal address I would be happy to post you one. I am proposing to produce the book as a YouTube video but that may take a year or so. I am also wanting to expand my research as follows. "
I have only a general idea the final form the new work will take but I want to read more of the early materials on cybernetics and expand my knowledge of some laws of cybernetics that I did not cover when writing the book. I want to expand the area on interfacing legislation with other control systems, expand the material on the law of requisite variety, include a chapter on feedback and cover the concept of homeostasis. I want to detail how a cybernetic control system of government could be implemented and the critical role legislation would play in that."
No comments yet!
You need to be a member of Management Cybernetics to add comments!