Management Cybernetics

Cybernetic management - as less harmful management as possible

Hello all!

There are "simple" questions being for long time. And I hardly can imagine moving towards to variety engineering, for myself at least, without answeres. I will be very glad if someone will give a little bit of light here ;)

1. What are methods of variety measurement? Is there something simple as a thermometer.
  2. What states of a system 100% should be monitored to be viable (am I well being only or more detailed)?
  3. Do we have a reference book of average variety level for common types of a system or environments?
  4. What are variety amplifiers and filters were designed in enterprise management to provide sustainable development?

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

1. Method is "to count" distinguish by viewer constructs in context, isn't it?

Dear A.K,Gland to know that u are persuing VSM seriously.I willtry to respond to 1,2 & 4 (for 3 is a desirable proposition)

1.Variety is a measure of complexity in a system;the number of states it can take. Any complex system consists of a large number of interacting elements with each having some vatiety of its own. Management systems are descrete systems and variety is measured whole numbers(unlike engineering systems where systems  have continuous variables) Variety is measured in log terms or simlpy 2 to the power n-1(where n is the number of possible states. For detaails see Ashby or Beer.

2A design model is a representative of the real system It becomes representative when it has  requisite number of independent elements of the system sufficient to reproduce all states of the system( Groupe ,D Sytems Identification).

4Variety Amplifiers and Filters are designed to regulate the flow of variety( to ensure the Law of Requisite Variety becomes operatable and homeostatis of the system is reached.

For under or over designed systems one need to add or substract elements of the system to do variety engineering.

Thanks for answers, they are in some sense too general for me. Also one can check Raul Espejo book "organizational systems". It contains best practices from Syncho.

Я в своем проекте Дельта технология пытаюсь дать ответ на эти влпросы, но дело в том, чтобы дать ответ на них, надо уйти от всего того, что за многие годы не дало этот ответ, а это очень болезненный процесс и не каждому это под силу.

Dear Mr Borik,

Cpaceba. Poshaluesta,Ya nyet znayu Paruski !

Please send English version

Sincerely

B.Joshi

Dear Dzhoshi

I in the project Delta technology try to answer on these questions, but business in answering on them, it is necessary to leave from all that for many years has not given this answer, and it very much disease process and not to everyone it under force.

I develop the project of development of the big and complex systems which the Delta technology - technology of understanding, mutual understanding and development " http://www.deltatehnology.narod.ru . Download from the unit of Presentations presentation of the project Delta technology in English.

For transfer I use the translator in five languages, on the Internet such it is a lot of.  http://www.promt.ru/

Attachments:

RSS

© 2017   Created by Arsenij Krasikov.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service